- Schedule of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios for Dec. 3-9, 2013
- The Archdiocesan Byzantine Choir to Chant in Constantinople
- "Be the Bee" videos of Youth and Yound Adult Ministries offered through Ancient Faith Radio
- Encyclical of Archbishop Demetrios for Thanksgiving Day 2013
- Congressional Briefing for the members of the House of Representatives on religious freedom and the efforts to re-open the Halki School of Theology
The Promise Newsletter
“Discovering Orthodox Christianity,” is a 26–part series of talk shows and Bible studies designed to educate viewers about the basic teachings of Orthodox Christianity, the series was made possible with a grant from the Archbishop Iakovos Leadership 100 Endowment Fund.
His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios presents five of the 26 programs, and the remaining 21 (which were videotaped in Holy Cross Chapel at Holy Cross), feature as presenters Metropolitans of the Archdiocese, theologians, clergymen and other leaders in the Church and experts their particular fields.
“We are extremely grateful to Archbishop Demetrios and Leadership 100 for recognizing the opportunity to use video and subsequent dissemination in multiple platforms to educate and inform our faithful and all people who are interested in the Orthodox Faith. Leadership 100 has always supported the work of GOTelecom, and in this day and age we have so many more ways of getting our message of Christ’s love out to an international audience,” said Nicholas J. Furris, senior producer/director for GOTelecom.
The programs will air on the Archdiocese television channel through WhereverTV. The channel, GOTelecomTV, is the only Greek Orthodox channel offered, is free on internet and features past GOTelecom productions, including Greek Orthodox religious, cultural and educational programs. WhereverTV uses the internet instead of cable wires or satellite dishes to bring television programming to you. There are two ways to watch – either by streaming content directly to your PC or iPad, or by using a ROKU Box streaming device connected to your television. To learn more about WhereverTV’s GreekTV service visit: 412-663-0094. or call WhereverTV at
The programs are also available as a complete DVD set for parish and ministry education. Contact GOTelecom for more information at 212-774-0244.
An interview with Metropolitan Elpidophoros Lambriniadis of Bursa
His Eminence Metropolitan Elpidophoros recently spent some time in the Metropolis of New Jersey. He is a Metropolitan of the Ecumenical Throne. In this most interesting interview on Krista Tippett’s show On Being, he describes the state of the Orthodox Church in Turkey and his personal aspirations for his Metropolis. He is creating what he calls a “dialogue of life” as a religious minority in this crucible of the ancient church. He is currently abbot of the Holy Trinity Monastery on Halki. Click Here for the Interview
Divine Liturgy 9:30am
- Homepage IconHomepage Icon
- Mark 16:1-8Matins Gospel Reading
- St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians 2:14-22Epistle Reading
- Luke 13:10-17Gospel Reading
- 10th Sunday of Luke; Forefeast of the Conception by St. Anna of the Most Holy Theotokos; Patapius the Righteous of Thebes; Apollo, Tychikos, Sosthenes, Cephas, Epaphroditos, Caesar, & Onesiphoros, Apostles of the 70Saints Feasts and Readings for 12/8/2013
- Homepage Icon