- Free Preview of “Effective Christian Ministry” Training ProgramWe all know that the Church faces critical ministry challenges. Research shows that 60% of young people fall away from the Faith as they grow into young adults. And did you know that a new study has found that ⅓ of people have stopped attending church altogether during the coronavirus pandemic. They’ve completely disconnected, and […]
- From One Spoon to ManySince the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Orthodox Church has found itself in an existential crisis. The situation has challenged our traditions and even the way that we receive Holy Communion. One of the points of disagreement that has arisen concerns the manner in which Holy Communion is distributed to the faithful from the […]
- GOARCH Launches Spanish Ministry Initiative's FacebookIn August, 2019, His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros of America identified the need for this ministry and tasked His Grace Bishop Demetrios of Mokissos to coordinate the development of Spanish-language materials, resources, and outreach ministries throughout the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, supporting efforts of its Metropolises, Parishes, and Institutions nationwide.
- A Message from the Department of Religious EducationThere is a great deal of uncertainty about what parish life will look like this fall because of the pandemic. In particular, what might happen to traditionally in-person programs? Over the next weeks, I’ll be offering some ideas for your religious education program. They will offer some basic strategies that you might consider implementing for […]
- Archdiocese Concludes Initial Phase of COVID-19 FundThe Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America announces the completion of Phase One of the COVID-19 relief fund, which was created to assist with the living expenses of those facing financial hardship as a result of the current pandemic.
- Free Preview of “Effective Christian Ministry” Training Program
Divine Liturgy 9:30am
- Homepage IconHomepage Icon
- John 20:19-31Matins Gospel Reading
- St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 3:9-17Epistle Reading
- Matthew 14:22-34Gospel Reading
- 9th Sunday of Matthew; The Holy Apostle Matthias ; Anthony the Martyr of Alexandria; Afterfeast of the Transfiguration of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; Constantine, Patriarch of Constantinople; Euthymios the Hieromartyr, Metropolitan of RhodesSaints Feasts and Readings for 08/09/2020
- Homepage Icon