- Archdiocese Mourns the passing of Presvytera Margaret OrfanakosThe Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America mourns the passing of Presvytera Margaret (Pavlides) Orfanakos of Wayne, New Jersey who passed away to the Lord, peacefully and surrounded by her family on Monday, August 13th, 2018. She was 75 years old.
- Encyclical for the Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos (August 15, 2018)As we celebrate this blessed Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, “in radiant joy with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs together with the angels and the apostles,” we give thanks to God for the revelation of His abundant grace and glorious power through the life and witness of the Virgin Mary.
- Archbishop Demetrios Raises the Issues of Religious Freedom of the Ecumenical Patriarchate in State Department Ministerial to Advance Religious FreedomWASHINGTON – His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, at the invitation of the Secretary of State of the United States Mike Pompeo, participated in the first-ever Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom, July 24-26, 2018, held at the State Department.
- Archbishop Demetrios holds memorial service for the fire victims in GreeceWASHINGTON – His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America held today in the Cathedral of Saint Sophia a memorial service for the fire victims in Eastern Attica, Greece. The Archbishop is in the Nation’s Capital on the invitation of the Secretary of State of the United States, Mike Pompeo, to attend and participate in the first-ever […]
- Archiepiscopal Encyclical for the recent fires in GreeceBeloved Brothers and Sisters in Christ, We all have learned of the devastating fires in Attica, Greece that have claimed the lives of dozens of people, injured many others, and destroyed countless homes and properties. We are filled with agony and pain as we watch the horrifying images and hear the tragic stories coming from […]
- Archdiocese Mourns the passing of Presvytera Margaret Orfanakos
Divine Liturgy 9:30am
- Homepage IconHomepage Icon
- St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 1:26-31; 2:1-5Epistle Reading
- Matthew 20:29-34Gospel Reading
- Floros & Lauros the Monk-martyrs of Illyria; Hermos the Martyr; Leontus the martyr; John & George, Patriarchs of Constantinople; Relics of Arsenios the Righteous of Paros; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; Constantine the New Martyr of Capua; Matthew the New Martyr of GerakariSaints Feasts and Readings for 8/18/2018
- Homepage Icon